Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's SNOWING!

I was just watching TV and the weather reporter showed some photos sent in from a "weather blogger". I never knew there were weather bloggers! But then again, the weather blogger probably doesn't know there are quilt bloggers, so I guess we're even. Well... not to be outdone by the weather bloggers, here are some photos of our place. Bear in mind that we don't get much snow in the Portland, Oregon area. We're about 25 miles west of Portland in the foothills of the Oregon coast range. Parts of Oregon get a lot, but we just get a dusting here and there but we rarely get the big stuff. The big weather news this week is that we are predicted to have record low temperatures, so we have lots of wood pellets stocked up! I don't have all of my Christmas shopping done yet, but it'll just have to wait a little while longer. I'm snuggled on the sofa under a quilt right now and that's RIGHT where I'm gonna stay!


My lavender field. I have about 300 plants. Fortunately, lavender are pretty hardy plants.



This is out by the pump house. Wayne took it this morning right after the snow started.




Wayne took this right after the snow started this morning. You can't see the decal on my car any more.



Wayne just had to take a picture of his tractor with a wreath on it. My son and daughter-in-law gave us the wreath when they came to dinner on Thanksgiving. I'm sure they envisioned it on the front door- not the tractor. The next time I venture outside, the wreath will find its way back on the front door.

So take THAT, all you weather bloggers! I'll bet you don't have any pictures of quilts on your weather blogs!

0 comments: