Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Dozen Bags- January 2009

Here's the first of a dozen bags for 2009. This is a free pattern that I found on the Lion Brand yarn website. It's called "Lion Brand Wood-Ease Purse (pattern number 60402)". To get the free pattern, log onto the Lion Brand website. You'll need to register with the site and create a password. I have been registered on their site for over a year and haven't gotten junk mail or anything. It's a really good site. They have a lot of free patterns, as well as beautiful patterns for sale. If you have any trouble getting onto the site or finding the pattern, let me know and I'll see if I can help. I also want to note that they have a help feature on this site, which I've used. I got hopelessly stuck on a pattern once and sent them an email. Within a day, a very nice lady sent me straight with just a few sentences!

I'm making mine with the Lion Brand Wool Ease yarn in wheat, just as it calls for in the pattern. Wool Ease is a worsted wait yarn. It also calls for 11 1/2 x 4 1/2 in D-shaped bamboo purse handles. The pattern calls for size 9 (5.5mm) needles. Circular needles would be great. I'm using straight needles, which my 20-something niece refers to as "old fashioned". She got me to switch to circular needles several years back, but I still revert to my old ways from time to time.

I love this pattern. I think it's really different. I can't imagine using it, though, as my pens and nail files and all the loose change at the bottom of my purse would fall right out the holes! I'm going to line mine, and I'll show you how I do that when I get to that point.

If you want to knit along, go to Lion Brand and download the pattern, get yourself some worsted weight yarn and some size 9 needles, and we'll get started tomorrow. (You won't need the handles until the end).

0 comments: