Sunday, March 22, 2009

Debbie's "Out of this World" rag quilt

Debbie Lamb, a customer/friend of mine sent me this photo of her ginormous rag quilt. It's all flannel and several layers thick and it's queen sized! This thing must weigh a ton! She made it with purple, blue and silver flannel. I think the silver is handspray flannel. I'm not sure what the blue and purple are, but I know Debbie always makes her rag quilts with super thick and squishy flannels. She found my site one day when she was on a hunt for Maywood Shadow Play flannels. You can see a few more of her rag quilts in the photo gallery on my website. Debbie taught me how to make these so they fray on BOTH sides of the quilt. I'll try it and blog about my results one of these days. Thanks for sharing, Debbie!

3 comments:

Lisalou said...

I would love to hear more about this!! Way cool!

Joy said...

Oh my gosh I want to learn how to do that also. Very cool

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blogging about this quilt, Sue! I bought the blues and purples in a store in Roswell, NM (hence the name of the quilt) and cannot remember what brand of flannel those colors are. The silver flannel IS Handspray. The only correction I have - the size of the quilt is KING SIZE. We have it on our king size bed now. The double sided rag is easy - but you must have quite a bit of room to spread out the quilt while sewing. Thanks again, Sue! Debbi Lamb