Friday, October 17, 2014

Bounty of the Season

I'm putting the garden to bed.... harvesting the last of the bounty.  Now I have to clean, chop, freeze and can these lovelies.  Thanks to my friend, Julie, for all the green tomatoes!  I'll be making my Nana's green tomato hamburger relish today.  Mmmmmmm

 

A few weeks ago, I was the recipient of a whole trash bag of fresh corn.  That doesn't sound right.  It was a clean trash bag, and a good way to drag around 50 ears of corn.  This is going to keep me in corn chowder all year!  I sliced and dried all those pears (and a few more bags of them) and I also dried a few bags of Italian prune plums.

I'm going to miss the garden and the farmers' markets with all the wonderful fresh produce.

1 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

It all looks delicious! My mom used to freeze fresh corn and it was always so good. I can remember shelling peas too. I need to find out where our farmers market is and investigate for myself the quality of their wares. I've heard mixed reviews.