Friday, March 6, 2015

More finished Sashiko pieces!

I'm working on 2 different Sashiko projects.  I do that with most of my hand work (knitting, Sashiko, quilting, etc).  I like to keep from getting bored. :-)

One of my projects is Sylvia Pippen's Chinese Bird Series.  I did the owls last month and just recently finished the albatross.  This series is pre-printed on the fabric so it's super easy to stitch over it.  A very relaxing project.  I'm not sure yet how I will use them.  When I'm finished stitching the whole series, they will most likely become the focus blocks of a quilt.  In the meantime, I'm just enjoying the process.

Then, there are the background blocks for my Tropical Sashiko Sampler quilt.  There are 16 different blocks (hence the title- sampler).  I finished 4 of them last month and here are my latest 4.


And close-ups:

Hemp Leaf





Seven treasures


Mountains

Overlapping Diamonds


I'm far from at expert at this, but since I believe that "practice makes perfect"  (or at least it makes you better), I started this sampler to improve my skills.  So far, I think it's working.  I improve with each block.








8 comments:

J Honda said...

your sashiko work is beautiful! thank you for visiting my blog - I do encourage you to make a mystery block quilt - I just needed to start, rather than trying to figure things out...and learn :) use what you have and go with it :)

reclaimed wood dining table said...

The designs are wonderful! You beautifully created it. Thumbs up!

quiltsathome said...

I liked to see your Sashiko work. And now I am curious: did you finish it ?

Hena @ TEFL COURSES ONLINE said...

The first design is the best special pattern. The others are common types but using different colors of stitches can be more impressive.

Unknown said...

Follow these tips and you will see the results in your work. You need to incorporate these tips into your routine and keep at them. If you are consistent you
Satta King Internet Marketing Tips That Are Easy To Follow Play Bazaar will see the success start to flow. Keep on looking for more information and focus on applying what you learn to your day to day work.

ESLAM UWK said...

شركة مصر للمصاعد من افضل شركات مصاعد وتقوم بتركيب المصاعد في جميع الأماكن مثل شركات و المنازل و المصانع و المستشفيات وغيرها من الأماكن تقدم الشركة مصاعد حديثة وخدمة احترافية .

Anonymous said...

كتالوج مواسير upvc يأتي كتالوج مواسير UPVC بمجموعة واسعة من الأحجام والأشكال والتصاميم لتلبية احتياجات مختلفة. يمكن استخدامها في أنظمة توزيع المياه الباردة والساخنة، وأنظمة الصرف الصحي، وأنظمة التهوية وتكييف الهواء، والعديد من التطبيقات الأخرى.

ESLAM UWK said...

شركات بيع شدات معدنية هي الجهات المتخصصة في توفير هياكل مؤقتة معدنية تستخدم في صناعة البناء والإنشاء. تُعد هذه الشدات جزءًا أساسيًا من أدوات البناء، حيث توفر الدعم والأمان اللازمين للعمال والمعدات أثناء أعمال البناء على ارتفاعات مختلفة.